Sunday, November 7, 2010

A new direction..

Today I took a look at my first post to this space and have had a change of heart concerning the direction of the Spider restoration. I had mentioned in the original post that I wanted to "bring the Spider into more of a modern condition..." After thinking about this direction over the past few years I think it would be a horrible mistake to alter the car in such a way. So, with that in mind, I will proceed in a direction to make the best (2010) 1969 model car I can afford. I will be keeping the original fuel injection system, the braking system, and keep the finishes as close to original as possible with the means I have available.
The goal to meet is to be able to bring the refurbished car to the 2011 Mid-Florida AROC car show.
I have a renewed spirit about completing this project and now have a hard deadline goal to reach.
Wish me luck and keep an eye here to see updates.
Take a look at some detail shots of the areas with some of the worse rust damage.

Inside rocker panel looking toward where the passenger side jack point USED to be located.

A closer look at the work of the Italian Rust Worm.

No comments: